- A Research of ‘See Als’ Reference in the Terminological Dictionary: Using Semantic Relations between Entries
- No.31, p.1-23
The purpose of this study is to clarify the nature and functions of ‘see als’ references in the terminological dictionary. In order to accomplish the purpose, we surveyed ‘see als’ references in three terminological dictionaries, using semantic relations between referring entries and referred entries as a key.
As a result, we could clarify the following points:
(1) major types of semantic relations between referring and referred entries and their quantitative tendencies,
(2) correlations between general nature of dictionaries and overall tendencies of ‘see als’ references,
(3) some tendencies concerning the directions of references under some semantic relations, and
(4) correlations between the nature of dictionaries and the directions of ‘see als’ references.